The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 inspires mobile & electronics recycler, Redeem into further global expansion

Mobile and electronics recycling specialist, Redeem Holdings Ltd enters The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table at position 55.

The fifth annual Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 in 2014 ranks Britain's mid-market private companies with the fastest-growing international sales, measured over their latest two years of available accounts.

The Redeem Group  is a global leader in recommerce (recycling and take-back management) of mobile and electronic products. Redeem’s success is based on adding significant value to mobile network operators (MNOs) and large corporates, whilst simultaneously removing the burden of administering large scale mobile and electronics recycling and recommerce schemes.

Headquartered in the UK, Redeem currently operate in 23 countries on three continents with regional offices in Iberia (at Madrid, Spain); Nordic/Balkans (in Estonia), while Redeem Asia operates out of Hong Kong. Now the company is in the process of setting up a Middle East region office based in Dubai, UAE.

Claes Svensson CEO of Redeem says, “I am delighted that Redeem has been recognised as one of the top 200 fastest growing private companies in the UK, based on international sales. This achievement is down to the dedicated hard work and entrepreneurial flair of our team. We deliver market-leading buy-back, trade-in, refurbishment and recycling for operators, retailers, corporates and consumers across Europe.

“Our unique business model adds value to both mobile network operators (MNOs) and mobile retailers, as well as their customers who get the optimum price for their used handsets when they trade them in. This business model has already translated into 23 countries. This prestigious recognition of our work by The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 has further inspired us to seek new sales channels in new markets across the world. And we look forward to celebrating with the other companies on this list.”

Following the recent acquisition of Envirofone, the well-known mobile recycler for consumers, Redeem is already the UK’s largest mobile recycling company based on volume. The Redeem Group also includes the corporate electronics recycling specialists, EMC Europe Ltd. Around c95% of the traded-in devices handled by Redeem are data-wiped, refurbished and resold. The other 5% are completely recycled, so zero waste goes to landfill. The processes are fully audited and certified to meet requirements of the WEEE Directive and CSR programmes.