Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 02/08/17
Redeem is a leading global provider of recycling and re-commerce solutions for mobile phones and other handheld electronic devices. As part of our growing success and recent growth we are looking for an IT Security Officer.
The role of the IT Security Officer is to establish and enforce security policies to protect information systems and data. This will be an opportunity to play a vital role within the organisation as we work towards establishing a more compliant and secure IT infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain a security policy process and procedures in line with and ISO 27001 framework.
- Ensure data security policies are implemented
- Produce and deliver security training material.
- Undertake internal IT Security audits to ensure internal controls are in-line with the company’s IT Security Policies.
- Assess the organisation’s infrastructure and data to identify vulnerabilities caused by weaknesses or flaws in software and hardware that could expose the infrastructure to a security breach.
- Make effective recommendations to improve security; based on evaluation of current security posture and knowledge of current and emerging threats.
Personal Skills and Key Competencies:
- Significant previous experience in a security related role
- The ability to design, implement and manage a comprehensive security solution within a medium to large sized multi-site, multi-country enterprise is an essential requirement of this new role
- Strong knowledge of Security principles and practices (hands-on experience with one or more technologies such as firewalls, routers, intrusion detection systems, network management systems)
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentations) while maintaining an ability to talk in layman's terms about security. Ability to provide technical security leadership and act as an agent for constant improvement in the company's security plan.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, its implementation, validation and compliance requirements
- Security related certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM or ISO 27001 Lead Implementer, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor.
- Experience of data protection practices and the impending GDPR.
- Experience of PCI-DSS compliance
If you wish to apply and you meet the role requirements, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
All applicants must have right to work in the UK without sponsor or restrictions. NO AGENCIES